These records include the working files of the Staff Advisory Committee at Rice University, 1992-2010, with such formats as meeting agendas, notes, correspondence and flyers. The files are not complete for this time period, but do offer a representative sample of the work done by this committee. Rice Fest is perhaps the best represented here of the activities programmed by the Staff Advisory Committee.
Stored off-site at the Library Service Center. Please request this material via email@example.com or call 713-348-2586.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish from this permission must be obtained through the Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library, Rice University.
Biographical / Historical
The Staff Advisory Committee at Rice University was set up in 1992 by Caroline Garcia, Director of Human Resources, as a way to increase communication between the staff and the administration.
As of 2011, fifteen full-time university staff members are appointed to serve on the Staff Advisory Committee (SAC) of Rice University to fulfill its primary mission: making work at Rice more enjoyable and productive. Composed of four subcommittees, SAC aims to provide personal growth and development, not to mention a little camaraderie, through monthly lunchtime programs known as Brown Bag and Lunch Bunch, the annual RiceFest benefits event, and the summertime Ice Cream Social. All Rice staff members are welcome to join any of the SAC's four subcommittees.
Subcommittees include: Communications, Employee Activities, Staff Development, and Rice Fest.
SAC's mission is to facilitate open lines of communication between the university's administration and staff by:
* Providing a forum for hearing and reviewing staff concerns and interests, and bringing applicable issues to the attention of the administration
* Proposing ways to improve university staff relations, including ideas that originate from within the staff
* Recommending staff appointees to the President and/or the Associate Vice President for Human Resources to serve on university committees
* Acting, in general, to help make Rice University's education community an efficient, fulfilling, and supportive environment for employment
* Supporting the university's formal mission statement as defined by the Board of Trustees
Excerpted from http://sac.rice.edu/ on March 11, 2011.
Fondren Library MS-44, Rice University 6100 Main St.
Working files of the Rice University Staff Advisory Committee, 1992-2010, UA 219, Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library, Rice University. http://archives.library.rice.edu/repositories/2/resources/774 Accessed September 22, 2023.