Scope and Contents
Included are Council minutes and other college business, associate and orientation correspondence and documents, social events, dedication and anniversary files, news clippings, publications, theatrical files, correspondence, and photographs, as well as audio/visual media, posters, and T-shirts.
This material is open for research.
Conditions Governing Access
Stored offsite at the Library Service Center. Please request this material via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-348-2586.
Box 12 stored onsite at the Woodson Research Center.
Permission to publish from the Rice University Sid Richardson College Records must be obtained from the Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library, Rice University.
History of Sid Richardson
Sid Richardson College was opened in 1971 as a men's residential college. It was funded by a $2 milion pledge from the Sid Richardson Foundation, which was established by Mr. Sid Richardson in 1947 for philanthropy in the State of Texas. The college was named in honor of Sid W. Richardson who was also an important leader in the oil and cattle industries. The college went co-ed in 1987.
Sid Richardson is the tallest building on Rice campus. Its high-rise construction met the problem of the University's rapidly declining land supply. It was designed by the firm of Neuhaus & Taylor.
15.25 Linear Feet ( (22 boxes) )
27.1 Megabytes (Nearline access: UA0065aip_001 (27.1 MB))
37.1 Megabytes (Nearline access: UA0065aip_002 (37.1 MB))
0.236 Gigabytes (Nearline access: UA0065aip_003 (0.236 GB))
0.377 Gigabytes (Nearline access: UA0065aip_004 (0.377 GB))
0.238 Gigabytes (Nearline access: UA0065aip_005 (0.238 GB))
1.2 Gigabytes (Nearline access: UA0065aip_006 (1.2 GB))
Language of Materials