Permission to publish material from the Temple Freda [Bryan, TX] collection must be obtained from the Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library.
The Woodson Research Center use policy is that researchers assume sole responsibility for any infringement of privacy, literary rights, copyrights, or other rights arising from their use of the archival materials. In addition to any restrictions placed by donors, certain kinds of archival materials are restricted for the life of the creator plus 50 years. These materials include, but are not limited to, student grades, transcripts, and any job applications or recommendations.
Named after Ethel Freda Kaczer, Temple Freda is one of the three oldest religious buildings still in use in Bryan, Texas, where it was restored by a group of citizens in 2013. Temple Freda is on the National Register of Historic Places of Texas and is used today as a center for community activities such as weddings, small receptions, and educational activities.
Temple Freda maintains close connections with Jewish congregations in the area. When Texas A and M University Hillel opened up a building in College Station in 1958, many members of the then-temple began to attend services at the Hillel foundation building, which houses Temple Freda’s Torah. Other congregants joined Congregation Beth Shalom when it was founded in 1968, and Temple Freda’s cemetery is now under that congregation’s care. The temple has also been a focus for Texas A and M University's Center of Heritage Conservation since 1982.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 Box)