This collection consists of the records of former Lovett College Magisters from 1968 - 2014.
1967 - 2014
Conditions Governing Access
This material is open for research. Stored off-site at the Library Service Center. Please request this material via email@example.com or call 713-348-2586.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish from this material must be obtained from the Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library, Rice University.
Biographical / Historical
Lovett was the seventh residential college to be built at Rice. It was named after the first president of the university, Edgar Odell Lovett. It was opened 1968 and was an all male college until 1980 when it went co-ed.
Lovett is a six-story building and is sometimes referred to as the toaster. It has a brick grating enclosing the hallways outside of the rooms. According to Rice campus legend, the building design is often referred to as "riot proof."
This collection consists of materials collected by former Magisters of Lovett College, Rice University.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Sharon O'Leary donated these materials in 2015.
Additional materials are expected for this collection.
While this collection has been renamed to reflect the current term of "magister," the folders still use the term "master," since the documents were created before the name change. The term master changed to magister in April 2017.
Fondren Library MS-44, Rice University 6100 Main St.
Edgar Odell Lovett College Magister records, 1967-2014, Rice University Archives, Woodson Research Center, Fondren Library, Rice University. http://archives.library.rice.edu/repositories/2/resources/1036 Accessed August 16, 2022.