Rice University--residential college system
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Rice University Harry Carothers Wiess College Records
Identifier: UA 079
Abstract Harry Carothers Wiess College is one of eleven residential colleges at Rice University. These records contain files related to Wiess governance, student life, handbooks, memos, photographs, video, constitutions, by-laws and minutes.
Dates: 1950 - 2018
Rice University James A. Baker College Records
Identifier: UA 082
Abstract Baker College is one of the five original residential colleges at Rice University. These records consist of material related to college business, social activities, publications, and correspondence, as well as photographs, video, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1956 - 2020
Rice University Margarett Root Brown College Records
Identifier: UA 074
Abstract Correspondence, newsclippings, obituaries, minutes, freshman materials, publications, governmental and budget documents as well as other information relating to the general operation of Brown College. There are also files on the Brown students such as lists of members and room assignments. Brown College was dedicated on October 3, 1965 and was filled primarily by women who had volunteered to leave Jones College, then the only women's college, to start a new college.
Dates: 1965 - 2017
Rice University Mary Gibbs Jones College Records
Identifier: UA 077
Abstract The collection contains Jones College business material and ephemera such as college cabinet meeting minutes, publications, news clippings and other college documents, such as telephone lists, invitations, freshman information, etc. Jones College was the first dormitory at Rice University (Institute) for women and opened in September 1957.
Dates: 1956 - 2017
Rice University Will Rice College Masters' Records
Identifier: UA 078
Abstract Rosters, correspondence files, handbooks, diet minutes, committee records, fellows records, roommate questionnaires and more created and maintained by masters of Will Rice College. Will Rice was opened in 1912 and became one of the men's colleges in 1957. It went co-ed in 1977.
Dates: 1956 - 2006